Information you provide to us and how we use it
We may collect personal information from you as detailed below:
- When you submit expression of interest and application forms to us in order to apply for a grant from the Charity, we will collect your name and email address;
- If you are awarded a grant, you will be required to submit regular reports on the use of the grant and the reports may contain names and ages of beneficiaries, as well as special category personal data such as health, race and ethnic origin. Where you are providing us with personal data of your beneficiaries, you must ensure that you are providing this information in compliance with data protection laws as in force from time to time within your legal jurisdiction (ie you have obtained their consent where necessary).
- If you make a donation to us, we will collect your name and residential address;
- When you correspond with us (for example, if you contact us with a query), or if you contact the Charity by telephone we may collect personal information from you. Please note that phone calls may be recorded for security, training and development purposes;
- If you choose to interact with the Charity via a social media platform or other third party service, we will collect the information you have provided to us through that platform; and
- We also collect certain information automatically about visitors to our Platform, described in the section headed “Cookies and other information that we automatically collect”, below.
We will use the information we collect from you to:
- Manage our accounts and records;
- Process applications, issue grants and communicate with you throughout;
- Monitoring of grants, and use of reports as examples of charitable activities and success stories in promotional material;
- Process the donation and claim Gift Aid (if applicable);
- Deal with your enquiries and requests;
- Send service related communications, including announcements and administrative messages, if applicable;
- Send you marketing communications (including e-mails and social media audience matching) relating to us and other third party partners and that we think may be of interest to you where we have a legitimate basis to do so (please see the “Your choices” section below for further information about how you can control these updates);
- Conduct market research so that we can continuously improve the services we provide; and
- Understand how our Platform is used so that we can continuously improve the Platform.
Where you have agreed to a particular use of your information, we process it on the basis of your consent. You may withdraw that consent at any time (for example, for us to send you marketing communications) by contacting us (see the section headed “Contact us” below). We also process your information where this is necessary for the performance of a contract with you (or to take steps to enter into a contract with you) or where it is necessary for our legitimate interests of operating, protecting and furthering our charitable purposes.
Alfred Dunhill Links Foundation
1 Earl Grey Street
Last updated: 26th May 2018